Phosphodiesterase are a diverse family of enzymes (11 isoenzymes) that play a key role in regulating intracellular levels of secondary messengers – cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) and cyclic guanosine monophosphate. These enzymes identified to be pharmacologically active in the 1950s, hydrolyses cyclic nucleotides to treat various diseases such as cardiovascular, respiratory and erectile dysfunction. Distinct distribution of all the types of isoenzymes has provided possibilities for selective target therapies.
Request Sample Copy of the Business Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/172
The global phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market can be better analyzed by classifying it into two classes as selective phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors and non-selective phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors. Theophylline and papaverineare the two most commonly used non-selective phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors for treating a range of diseases (bronchodilation, cardiac disorder, etc.). Advent of selective phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors has made a great impact in the medical treatment sector. Increasing understanding of the individual PDE isoforms has and will result in the emergence of better therapeutic drugs. Viagra (Sildenafil) is the best example to substantiate the success and impact of PDE inhibitors.
The global phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market is therefore analyzed based on the drug class and application as follows:
- Selective PDE inhibitors
- Non-selective PDE inhibitors
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
The global phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market is majorly driven by PDE-5 inhibitors realizing the success of blockbuster drugs in these segment.
Increasing product developments to further improvise the phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market outlook
The global phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market has recently gained traction on account of the blockbuster PDE 5 inhibitor brands, Viagra and Cialis. This has also encouraged pharmaceutical companies to research on other PDE inhibitor class. In addition, research on extended use of approved PDE inhibitors is anticipated to benefit the drug in long term and contribute to the increasing revenues of PDE inhibitors market.
- Researchers from the John Hopkin University reviewed the trials of PDE-5 inhibitors in pediatric patients with pulmonary hypertension. The researchers concluded that PDE-5 inhibitors can be safely prescribed to infants, neonates and children with primary and secondary pulmonary hypertension (2017).
- Besides, PDE-5 inhibitor sildenafil accidently developed for treating angina, was also found to be effective in erectile dysfunction and now is observed to benefit heart attack patients. Researchers at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden reported in March 2017 that PDE-5 inhibitors prescribed for erectile dysfunction can lower the risk of death of hospitalization for heart failure in men who have had one heart attack in their lifetime.
- Pfizer, Inc. received FDA approval for its PDE-4 inhibitor Crisaborole (Eucris) in December 2016 for the treatment of mild to moderate atopic dermatitis. Eucrisa the first non-steroidal topical monotherapy for skin disorder.
Browse Research Report At: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/ongoing-insight/phosphodiesterase-enzyme-inhibitors-market-172
Many such product developments would be augmenting the global PDE inhibitors market growth in near future.
New products are primarily targeted in develop economies like North America, Europe and Japan. However, product approval in emerging nations such as India, China, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, and Indonesia would potentially favorable for the market players. Increasing healthcare expenditure and large target population base would support the growth of PDE inhibitors market in these nations. However, market players need to be cautious about uncertain regulatory conditions favoring the economic status and healthcare need of the large patient population.
Some of the key players operating in the global phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors market include Pfizer, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly & Company, Celgene Corporation, Mist Pharmaceuticals.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.