Fructose is a naturally occurring monosaccharide found in various fruits, vegetables and honey. It is mainly used in the food and beverages industry. It is produced commercially by processing sugar or corn and is widely preferred as an artificial sweetener due to its low calorie content. The demand for fructose is expected to increase worldwide at a sturdy rate. This is mainly attributed to increasing awareness about healthy nourishment practices worldwide has led to an increasing demand for fructose globally. Fructose is relatively inexpensive as compared to sugar and is found in the liquid form at room temperature, which allows for easy storage and transportation. However, incessant use of fructose is reported to impede liver function and thwart uric acid levels.
Request Sample Copy of the Business Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/477
- North America is a major consumer in the fructose market. The demand for fructose based products has increased due to the ever increasing population and the health issues posed by synthetic artificial sweeteners. HFCS has replaced sugar as sweetener in various products such as beverages and processed food products in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is home to two of the most populous countries in the world. The rapidly growing population coupled with a swiftly thriving economy has seen an increasing demand for fructose in these economies. China and India have the largest cases for diabetes among emerging economies, which could lead to an increasing demand for fructose based products in these regions. Japan is another major HFCS consumer in Asia-pacific.
- Latin America is an upcoming region for the fructose market. Brazil, Chile and Argentina are expected to sustain the demand from South America region, due to its increasing population. Increasing discretionary income in the region in turn is expected to increase consumer spending on sugar-free drinks and beverages.
- In the African regions, concerns about well-being and nourishment are fairly emerging and diet products have less market penetration, as a result of which the fructose market is experiencing an upward growth trajectory. According to Agribenchmark, a Global Non-Profit Agriculture Association, HCFS is expected to account for 30% of the European sugar content after the removal of quotas in 2017.
Globally, the fructose market is gaining incentive from the ever increasing demand for sweeteners in the food and beverages industry. However, the altering lifestyle and mounting health worries among patrons of emerging economies are preventing the market’s growth to an extent. As high ingestion of fructose is related to increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes, the better alternative namely, zero calorie sweeteners are paving its way among consumers, which in turn is restricting the growth of fructose market globally. Some key players in the global fructose market are Atlantic Chemicals Trading GMBH, A & Z food additives Co. Ltd, Biovittoria Limited, Cargill Incorporated, Celanese Corporation, Cumberland Packing Corp, and Dulcette.
On the basis of product type
- High Fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
- Fructose syrups
- Fructose solids
On the basis of end user
- Bakery & Cereals
- Processed food
Concentration of fructose in HFCS is 42% – 55%. Fructose solids contain over 40% fructose. The growth of the fructose market is driven by the mounting demand for energy drinks and increasing consumer inclination towards natural prorducts. The growing concern regarding the usage of artificial sweeteners in the manufacturing of beverages is expected to drive the growth of the fructose market. Fructose is also used as a flavoring agent and a humectant in the cosmetics industry for the production of bathing and cleansing products. Demand for sports and energy drinks, chocolate milk, and carbonated beverages is gaining rapid traction, which creates a highly conducive environment for growth of the global fructose market
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.