The Global Peptide Therapeutics Market, by Type (Branded Peptide and Generic Peptide), by Application (Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Metabolic Disease, Respiratory Disease, Infectious Disease, and Others), By Route of Administration (Oral Administration, Parenteral Administration, and Others), was valued US$ 22.5 billion in 2018, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026) as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Peptide therapeutics have wide range of applications in medicine and biotechnology and therapeutic peptide research field. Peptide therapeutics are majorly used in the cancer treatment and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) treatment. According to the Drug Discovery Today, January 2015 data findings, novel peptide drug class: glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonists; indicated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), shows lucrative market growth, as Victoza from Novo Nordisk, is the most prominent member of the class, reaching blockbuster status. Moreover, main area currently driving the growth of peptide therapeutics drugs adoption are metabolic diseases and cancer treatment. Furthermore, peptide therapeutics are in clinical testing for infectious diseases and inflammation.
Request a sample to stay abreast on the key trends impacting this market: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/1837
Key players in the peptide therapeutic market are engaged in expanding market share through new product launches and regulatory approval. For instance, in March 2016, Eli Lilly and Company introduced anti-diabetes drug Trulicity (dulaglutide) in India. Trulicity (dulaglutide) is once-a- week non-insulin injectable belonging to class of drugs called glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1) receptor agonist, which helps the body to release its own insulin after the intake of food. In July 2016, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), approved Sanofi-Aventis’s Adlyxin (lixisenatide), a once-daily injection to improve glycemic control (blood sugar levels), along with diet and exercise, in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Peptide therapeutics market is projected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period, owing to the various in-organic growth strategies implemented by key manufacturing players in this market. For instance, in July 2012, Amgen Inc. completed the acquisition of KAI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for a deal value of US$ 315 million. During the acquisition, KAI Pharmaceuticals had a peptide product in development stage: KAI-4169, which is indicated for the treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) in patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) who are on dialysis and is in currently in phase 2 trials. Moreover, this acquisition allowed Amgen to acquire worldwide rights of KAI-4169, excluding Japan.
Furthermore, in September 2015, PeptiDream Inc. developed a multi-target discovery and optimization collaboration with Sanofi S.A. Under this agreement, PeptiDream will use their proprietary Peptide Discovery Platform System (PDPS) technology to generate macrocyclic/constrained peptides against multiple targets of interest selected by Sanofi S.A. Furthermore, Sanofi will have the right to develop and commercialize all therapeutic peptides resulting from the collaboration.
Browse 26 Market Data Tables and 45 Figures spread through 189 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Peptide Therapeutics Market, by Type (Branded Peptide and Generic Peptide), by Application (Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Metabolic Disease, Respiratory Disease, Infectious Disease and Others), By Route of Administration (Oral Administration, Parenteral Administration, and Others) – Global Forecast to 2026”
To know the latest trends and insights related to peptide therapeutics market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/peptide-therapeutics-market-1837
In December 2017, Entrega collaborated with Eli Lilly and Company to make advancement in Entrega’s proprietary peptide delivery technology. Under the agreement, Entrega will receive the US$ 5 million in equity and research in funding from Eli Lilly to investigate the application of Entrega’s peptide delivery technology to certain Lilly products and their therapeutic candidates.
Key takeaways of the Peptide Therapeutics Market:
- The global peptide therapeutics market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to increasing technological advancement in peptide therapeutics by various key players.
- Among type segment, branded therapeutic peptide is expected to witness significant growth in peptide therapeutics market, owing to increasing investment by various key manufacturers in research and development (R&D) for the development of branded or innovative peptide drugs and high prescription rate.
- Cancer holds major market share in application segment due to increasing prevalence and incidence among global population. In addition, increasing adoption of peptide therapeutics in cancer treatment, growing awareness among the patients and healthcare professionals regarding adverse effects of chemotherapy and growing need towards alternative therapeutics such as peptide-based drugs, will further drive the cancer segment of peptide therapeutics market.
- Parenteral administration holds largest market share in route of administration segment, owing to easy and increased absorption of peptide drugs into the patient’s body. According to the Drug Discovery Today, January 2015 data findings, majority (75%) of the peptide drugs are administrated by parenteral route.
- Some of the major players operating in global peptide therapeutics market include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi S.A., Encycle Therapeutics, Inc., CirclePharma, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, PeptiDream Inc., and Amgen Inc.
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.